Men who exhibit symptoms that correlate with priapism require immediate medical attention; thus, they should consult the best urologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct relevant medical tests to evaluate the severity of the condition before providing effective intervention. The treatment will allow the patient to feel better and avoid complications.
It is a condition in which the patient suffers from an unwanted penis erection without sexual stimulation. but It can last for four hours and cause pain. The patient has to opt for immediate medical attention to avoid further complications. The treatment has been proven effective in a smooth recovery.
What are the symptoms that correlate with priapism?
The symptoms of priapism are:
- The patient has had an erectile penis for more than four hours without sexual stimulation.
- The patient suffers from extreme discomfort and penile pain.
What are the known causes of priapism?
The known causes of the condition include:
- The person suffers from the condition when the system responsible for maintaining an erection suddenly malfunctions. It can be due to correlating physical illnesses. The person may experience ischemic priapism due to blood disorders, including sickle cell disease, thalassemia, leukemia, and multiple myeloma.
- Men taking medications for erectile dysfunction are at a higher risk of suffering from priapism as a side effect.
- Men taking antidepressants can suffer from the condition as a side effect.
- Individuals suffering from metabolic disorders such as gout are at a higher risk of suffering from priapism.
- Men in the habit of smoking and consuming excessive alcohol may suffer from multiple physical and psychological illnesses, including priapism.
- Trauma to the penis can cause priapism.
What are the preventive measures to avoid the occurrence of priapism?
- The patient taking treatment for blood disorders should be well aware of the side effects and reach out to the specialist if they exhibit symptoms of priapism.
- Individuals consuming excessive alcohol should eradicate the habit from their lifestyle to enhance their overall physical and psychological health.
- Men should ask the doctor to recommend alternative medication for depression known to cause priapism. Men should ask the doctor to recommend alternative medication for depression known to cause priapism.
What tests help in diagnosing priapism?
The tests that assist in diagnosing the patient with priapism include:
- The doctor will take the patient’s history to identify the cause of the disease. The patient with depression and blood disorders taking medications may suffer from the disease as a complication.
- The doctor will consult a physical examination to check if the person is suffering from penile pain.
- Blood testing helps detect abnormalities in the shape of the cells. A person suffering from a blood disorder is more likely to have a defect in the shape of the white blood cells.
- The blood gas measurement help identify the type of priapism.
- The Doppler ultrasound test helps identify; if there is a problem in the blood flow to the penis.
Toxicology screening helps check if the patient has drugs in the urine. It helps identify the cause of the disease.
- Treatments for priapism When a man goes into the emergency room with priapism, there are a few things they can try. The first is the use of ice packs to try and encourage the blood vessels to shrink. Another option could be using a local anesthetic to numb the area and then removing some of the blood in the penis via syringe; though it’s cringe-worthy to think about, it’s often a welcome relief to a guy who is hurting with an erection that just won’t quit. Other options include using a surgical shunt to remove the blood, especially if it has happened in the past. There are also injectable drugs that provide an opportunity for the blood vessels to release the trapped blood.
Those who are dealing with high-flow priapism will face a different situation, as this is a true emergency that will require emergency surgery. Fortunately, this is an exceedingly rare form of priapism that very few men will ever have to worry about. which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is great for daily penis care. A man should look for all the elements of good penis health, including vitamin A for odor control, vitamin B for smoother skin and vitamin E for hydration.
What is the effective treatment option for priapism?
The treatment options for priapism include:
- Use of Sympathomimetics: The medications help increase the blood flow to the penis and provide relief from penile pain.
- Aspirations: To stop the priapism, the blood is drained from the penis by using a needle.
Men suffering from priapism should seek medical attention. It is best to consult a specialist at Chinar International Hospital to discuss the condition and its severity. The specialist will conduct tests to determine the cause of the illness. Determining the cause of the disease helps provide treatment for relief and smooth recovery. Timely treatment will help the patient to recover without further complications.