What Does Male Infertility Mean?
Male infertility is an issue within a male’s reproductive system, which prevents pregnancy. If a couple had unprotected intercourse for over a year, and there is no success in pregnancy. So then, it might be one of you or both who are facing infertility issues. Couples experiencing infertility issues while trying to get pregnant for a long time may visit the best IVF centre in Jaipur regarding consultation & treatment from the team of highly experienced IVF specialists doctors.
What are the Causes of Male Infertility?
Certain biological factors that can impact male fertility include:-
- Oligospermia – It occurs because of low or poor quality sperm.
- Malformed sperm – Sperms that are unable to sustain till the period of fertilization.
- Some medical conditions – Such as diabetes, immune disorders, and some other infections in the reproductive system.
- Azoospermia – Not enough production of healthy sperm.
- Varicoceles – In this condition, the veins of testicles become larger than the usual size.
- Genetic disorders include myotonic dystrophy, Klinefelter’s syndrome, microdeletion, etc.
- Unhealthy routine – Excessive use of alcohol, chain-smoking, and anabolic steroids.
- Hormonal disorders – Disorders that may affect your pituitary gland or hypothalamus.
Symptoms of Male Infertility?
Infertility is the biggest symptom itself. However, some infertile couples go through negative psychological & emotional symptoms. Sometimes, couples’ only focus is to have a child. Any individual or couple facing these types of issues must consult the infertility specialist soon. They will help you out with your current problems and provide you with the best available treatment option to cure your infertility issue.
How is Male Infertility Evaluated and Diagnosed?
The male infertility diagnosis starts with the physical and verbal examination of the patient to identify the other health issues which may cause infertility in a patient. Then, the doctor will ask some questions from both couples about sexual habits if the doctor doesn’t find any uncertainty. Then, The doctor will do some tests to determine the cause of infertility.
What are the tests for checking male infertility causes?
Firstly, IVF doctors may do a semen analysis to determine the points below:-
- Viscosity – In how much time the semen is liquified.
- pH – Acidity measurement.
- Sperm concentration amount.
- Total semen count.
- Velocity – how fast can sperm travel.
- Linearity – the direction of flowing sperm.
- Morphology – Shape, and Size of the sperm.
How Male Infertility Causes are Treated?
With the help of modern technology and improved methods, there are many options available right now for the treatment of infertility. However, which treatment is for you depends upon the cause of infertility.
Some options are below :-
- Hormone remedy/therapy to develop more sperm.
Changes in lifestyle –
- Be in a healthy shape of your body by exercising and eating healthy food.
- Reduce or stop smoking.
- Stop over consumption of alcohol.
Trough Surgeries –
- Vasectomy reversal – In this procedure, The doctor will reconnect your vas deferens (a tube which sperm passes) with the testicles. After that, the doctor will carefully look through a powerful medical microscope inside the vas deferens to check whether the tube is connected properly or not.
- Vasoepididymostomy – This is a surgery by which vasectomies are turned back. Procedure involves the connection between vas deferens to the epididymis.
Other Methods –
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection – (ICSI) is an artificial reproduction technique involving a single sperm injection into an egg. Because of this technique, 90% of infertile males have a chance to conceive.
- In Vitro Fertilization – During the IVF process, women’s ovaries are stimulated with the help of injectable medicines to develop multiple eggs to mature. After the eggs are ready, fertilization is done by exposing eggs to sperm in a dish inside a dedicated laboratory. After fertilization completes, embryo development is monitored by an experienced IVF doctor for the next 3-5 days period, and then the doctor will place embryos inside the uterus through the cervix.
When Should I See My Healthcare Provider?
The best-preferred advice is when a couple cannot get pregnant even after trying for over a year or above. Then, you must consult with an IVF doctor as soon as possible.
Questions to ask a doctor about male infertility?
If you’re facing any issue don’t hesitate in taking with your doctor, talk and ask a question you feel for asking, some are below –
- What may be the cause of my infertility?
- My partner also need to take test?
- What is the right treatment for me?
Also Read – What Are The Basic Health Care Tips That You Need To Practice
Male infertility is a very common issue nowadays within couples. If you’re a man and think infertility is because of you. Then, you should go for semen analysis to know the exact performance of your sperm during an overall fertility evaluation. Your doctor will let you know about your test reports. And, if any cause is there, They will also consult the right treatment for you.